Darling Ingredients is a global leader in creating sustainable food, feed and fuel ingredients from edible and inedible bio-nutrients to help provide for the needs of a growing global population. We are implementing cyber security solutions starting from the beginning of 2018 on 50 production locations globally for over a period of 5 years. For this project Darling Ingredients is setting up a team of engineers/ analysts who will roll out the project globally (North-America, South America, Europe, Asia) and parallel (and afterwards) part of the support organization.
The Cyber Security Specialist will be responsible for the used technical solution, consisting of switches, firewalls, servers, which is connected to the various process automation
installations installed on production locations worldwide.
You will be implementing preventive, detective and corrective measurements. You follow the latest updates regarding cyber security. You are aware of the latest developments. You will be participating in development, maintaining and evaluation of cyber security policy and you are able to give awareness training to the stakeholders. You are a self-starter and you are used to innovative thinking and acting. You are able to create and verify (functional and technical) design, factory acceptance test (FAT), site acceptance test (SAT) documentation.
After handing over the installation to operations, the Cyber Security Specialist will provide support on a planned basis and will troubleshoot for production locations in case of malfunction/incidents. You install and deliver support regarding switches and firewalls as well as software and hardware infrastructure. Furthermore you are involved in identifying problems regarding process automation issues at plants worldwide.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Provides daily first tier operations support
- Supporting issues regarding LAN, WAN, SDWAN, VPN, hardware and software infrastructure (physical layer, cabling, switches, routers, access points, firewalls etc.);
- Identifying possible problems regarding process automation (PLC’s, SCADA and DCS) and different interfaces and communication protocols
(OPC, Profibus, Modbus and TCP/IP);
- Installing Cisco Meraki switches and Palo Alto firewalls as well as cross training with convergent server virtualization technologies running on Nutanix hardware.
- Monitor systems and troubleshoot issues
- Monitors the health of all systems under the area of responsibility
- Analyses and troubleshoots problems, escalates or re-routes issues to higher qualified experts
- Support and provide expertise solutions and installations
- Assists in the designs and implementations of (networking) solutions;
- Tests and approves installations;
- Keeps track of scheduled updates in order to keep installations up to date.
- Manage, improve and change initiatives
- Proactively monitors KPIs associated with network reliability, and if necessary, intervene and improve on those as a result of analysis;
- Identifies opportunities to improve and use new ideas and networking technologies to meet or exceed business objectives.
- Vendor management & documentation
- Manage vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs;
- Documents / creates designs, keeps documentation as built.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Process Automation or Information Technology or related
- 3+ years of experience in an operational support role in enterprise environments with geographically dispersed locations
- Proven experience with the use of GAMP;
- Experience in working with PLC, SCADA, DCS;
- Experience in network topologies, cyber security, ISA 99, Modbus, Profibus, OPC;
- Experience with support of multi-site, high-availability networking solutions;
- Experience with Cisco Meraki, Palo Alto firewalls, long range Ethernet, fiber connectivity, SD WAN and Aryaka solutions is preferred;
- Prior use of Meraki Systems Manager, Solar Winds and Palo Alto Panorama management suites is preferred;
- VCA certified;
- Cisco, Nutanix, Windows Server/Hyper-V or related industry certifications owned or gained within 18 months of hire date will be required.
- Working in a people-oriented, international and dynamic culture;
- International experience and exposure, due to the multitude of contacts with people in business units and corporate management, with different cultures all over the world;
- Development of personal skills and knowledge, due to a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities;
- Training and education programs as deemed relevant for further development;
- Independence and the opportunity to initiate or participate in advisory projects for implementing solutions in close cooperation with key stakeholders.
If you are interested in this position then send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If you want more information about the job content you can contact Ivo Spaetjens via email firstname.lastname@example.org. An assessment and several interviews can be part of the application process.
Unsolicited activities from agencies are not appreciated