Food safety and security is more than what you eat
The safety of your food starts long before it arrives on your dinner plate. What we do and how we do it helps protect the world's food chain from farm to table. Through our bio-security standards at our processing facilities, our customers can be assured that our food ingredients are fully traceable and our products and processes are fully compliant with food safety regulations. Our decades of experience has allowed us to contribute to new food and health solutions based on natural bio-nutrient ingredients to better serve a growing population.
Helping to meet the world’s long-term food demands is a large part of what we do at Darling Ingredients. And we do it within strict safety parameters.
Protecting the food chain
Our industry is often referred to as “the gatekeeper,” keeping our food chain safe from harmful materials. By processing inedible meat co-products into usable ingredients rather than disposing of them in landfills or compost piles, our plants remove methane from the air rather than add to it. By repurposing the material, we also help protect our land and groundwater from pathogens released during nature’s decomposition process.
Through our secure operations, we are able to provide the world’s food manufacturers and supply chains with a range of safe and tested food ingredients and products that are sustainable and natural, and economically and ecologically viable.
From market-leading gelatins to sausage casings
We help meet the rising global demand for healthy and safe food:
- We’re the world’s leading supplier of gelatin and collagen peptides
- We provide global food and meat manufacturers with safe, fully traceable sausage casings and meat co-products
- We contribute to innovative, healthy food concepts through our natural proteins and other natural dietary supplements
Visit our Food brands for more information about our food products or services.
We help ensure a safe and secure food chain for a growing population's needs
- Used in confectionery, dairy, desserts, meat and fish, aspics
- Used for gelling, foaming, stabilizing, texturizing, binding, emulsifying
- Sausage casings, meat co-products
- Fresh and frozen, premixed blends, according to spec
- Proteins, minerals, fats and other specialty ingredients
- Frozen, powder, with full technical support for successful application
- Visit website
- Collagen peptides of porcine, bovine and fish origins
- World’s widest range of collagen peptides
- Kosher- and Halal-certified
- Pork and goose lard
- Finest quality, many varieties