Rousselot is the global leader of gelatin and collagen peptides. Rousselot's wide range of collagen peptides are marketed under the Peptan brand. We work in partnership with our customers all over the world, delivering innovative and advanced ingredient solutions manufactured through state of the art operations. We help our customers achieve their goals, enabling them to create world class pharmaceutical, food and nutritional products to inspire and excite today’s demanding consumers.
The Director Sales & Marketing EMEA is responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs, both short and long term, targeted toward existing and new markets.
Purpose is to meet commercial targets of EMEA region and lead sales offices in various countries.
The Director Sales & Marketing EMEA works closely together with VP Global Marketing & Sales Rousselot, Sales Rousselot, R&D and reports to the Regional Director EMEA.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Realize EMEA sales targets
- Track regional targets
- Set annual budget
Develop strategic direction to ensure long term growth
- Develop and execute strategic sales plan to achieve targets and expand new business at existing or new clients
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships and conduct high level volume contract negotiations concerning key EMEA clients
Alignment of sales with operations and R&D
- Align customer quality & product requirements with operations
- Optimization and launch of product portfolio together with R&D and application labs
- Professionalize account management and supply chain
- Update forecast and opportunity pipeline continuously
- Attract, develop and retain team members
- Identify employees and team development needs and enable their growth
- Improve team spirit and morale
- Set KPIs, effectively monitor performance & address
- Issues in a clear and direct manner
- Master degree/experience in Food, Pharma, Chemistry, Nutritional Science or related
- Good knowledge and experience in CRM and ERP systems (Hyperion, JD-Edwards)
- Excellent skills in managing teams and projects
- Willingness to travel 25 - 30% of the time in Europe Proven track record in international sales and marketing is required with (natural) ingredients
- Fluent in Dutch and English is a must
- The ability to adapt to new situations and ways of working, and effectively deal with setbacks and rejections
- Organizes and delivers information appropriately and professionally
- Easily establishes and develops effective and positive relationships
- Identifies and develops talent in individuals, providing positive support to allow the individual to achieve their potential
- Encourages teamwork by bringing individuals and groups together to achieve goals and objectives
- Implements and monitors change within the workplace. Communicates clear reasons for change initiatives and addresses criticisms of them to obtain others’ "buy-in"
- Exercises good judgment in making decisions, considering all the available sources of information and alternatives. Expresses clear and rational reasons for making a decision
- Demonstrates a focus on achieving results and objectives. Consistently strives to meet or exceed expectations
- Seeks out and acts on opportunities without being prompted by others. Demonstrates a proactive approach
- Seasoned professional with deep and broad knowledge in the field of expertise and broad planning, organizing and integrating knowledge.
- Able to think within general policies, principles and goals of the organization. Situations constantly require adaption or development of new solutions through analytical, interpretative and creative thinking.
- Experienced working with general direction and broadly defined policy objectives.
- Working in a people-oriented, international and dynamic culture
- International experience and exposure, due to the multitude of contacts with people in business units and corporate management, with different cultures all over the world
- Development of personal skills and knowledge, due to a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities.
- Training and education programs as deemed relevant for further development
- Independence and the opportunity to initiate or participate in advisory projects for implementing solutions in close cooperation with key stakeholders
If you want more information about the job you may contact Bert Sercu. If you are interested in this position then send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unsolicited activities from agencies are not appreciated