The EHS Coordinator works within the manufacturing plant to ensure compliance with facility environmental permits and ensures a safe work environment by complying with all required safety programs and initiatives.
Tasks & responsibilities
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Administers Darling Ingredients Safety programs which includes, but is not limited to, conducting OSHA safety training for new employees, annual training of employees, monthly safety committee facility walk-through, and advising safety committee in accident review processes.
- Conducts training of employees in environmental compliance, site inspections, sampling, log review, and report preparation to ensure compliance in the following:
- Air Permit
- Wastewater Permits (LAS or Sewer)
- Storm water Permits and Pollution Prevention (SWPP)
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures (SPCC)
- EPCRA (SARA) Compliance and Reporting
- Solid & Hazardous Waste Management
- Boiler Permits
- Business and Operating Licenses
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal environmental and safety regulations.
- Ensures proper monitoring and operation of environmental control equipment (air, water).
- Collects and performs environmental monitoring/sampling/reporting as necessary to comply with permits.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in safety, environmental, agriculture, or another related field preferred.
- 2 years of experience in environmental and/or safety management in food production or agri-business.
- Work well with others in a team based environment.
- Communicates clearly both verbally or in written form; excellent analytical skills.
- Highly organized; superior time management skills.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft office applications.
Equal Employment OpportunityDarling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without proper regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Unsolicited activities from agencies are not appreciated