The Environmental Safety Coordinator works within the plants (Honey Brook, PA; Marshville, NC; Doswell, VA and Butler, KY) to ensure compliance with facility environmental permits, all required regulations and company safety programs.
Tasks & responsibilities
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Administers Darling Ingredient’s Safety program which includes, but is not limited to: compliance with all applicable laws and regulations; conducting OSHA safety training for new employees; annual training of employees; monthly safety committee facility walk-through; and advising safety committee in accident review processes.
- Conducts training of employees in environmental compliance, site inspections, sampling, log review, and report preparation to ensure compliance in the following:
- Air Permit
- Wastewater Permits (LAS or Sewer)
- Storm water Permits and Pollution Prevention (SWPP)
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures (SPCC)
- EPCRA (SARA) Compliance and Reporting
- Solid & Hazardous Waste Management
- Boiler Permits
- Business and Operating Licenses
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal environmental and safety regulations.
- Ensures proper monitoring and operation of environmental control equipment (air, water).
- Collects and performs environmental monitoring/sampling/reporting as necessary to comply with permit requirements.
- Ensures compliance with DOT regulations including training new employees about DOT log, DOT file completion, and may assist in reviewing logs with Fleet Manager.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agri-business, Industrial Management or related field is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in environmental and/or safety management in agri-business or food industry.
- Highly organized; superior time management skills.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and oral.
- Self-motivated; self-starter; able to multi-task.
- Works well with others in a team environment.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office applications.
Unsolicited activities from agencies are not appreciated